Monday, September 1, 2014

OHIO

After leaving Fairy Stone State Park, it was a hard drive to Ohio.  The first part of the trip from Fairy Stone to Hillsville, VA took me about an hour and a half.  The campground hosts at Fairy Stone advised me to go a different route than what I had planned - both routes were uphill - but their route was up the side of a frickin MOUNTAIN.  I finally got to Ohio after about an 8 hour drive, and finally got settled into my site at my cousin's "garage" which is where he keeps his huge motor home, has supplies for his business, and a couple of mobile home lots.  It was nice being away from everyone and being able to come and go and not be a burden on anyone.....except my cousin, who came back down to check out the power when one of my breakers popped in the camper.  I thought I had reset it, but I finally figured out that I had not turned it all the way off before turning it back on.  Amazing how when the breakers are set properly, all the electrical things in the camper also work properly.  My cousin had a project to pour a cement slab for a trailer than he had removed from the site, leveled up the ground and was going to put back on the slab when it hardened.  It was an all day job, and HOT.  I took the morning to visit my parents' graves and put some ornaments on the headstone, then just kind of hung around the camper.
My campsite


Annie shows her approval for being back in real grass country
Close enough?

This was my cousin's project the day after I got there

The finished product

Flowers out back of the trailer

Flowers along the stream back of the property


The stream

No comments:

Post a Comment